Find out if you can apply for business support from Enterprise Ireland
Enterprise Ireland can help:
- Entrepreneurs moving to Ireland to start their business or
- Existing businesses relocating to Ireland
In order to receive Enterprise Ireland help the business you plan to set up in Ireland must comply with all of the following:
- Be introducing a new or innovative product or service to international markets
- Be involved in a manufacturing, technology or internationally traded services company
- Be capable of creating 10 jobs in Ireland and realising €1 million in sales within three to four years of starting up
- Have an experienced management team
- Be legally entitled to set up a business and reside in Ireland. If you are a non EEA citizen, Ireland has introduced new start up entrepreneur visa
- Be headquartered and controlled in Ireland. This generally means that one or more of the founders move to Ireland and that key business functions have their worldwide HQ here.
Note: If the company you are planning to establish in Ireland is controlled from outside of Ireland, you may qualify for assistance from our sister agency the Industrial Development Agency (IDA Ireland). The IDA is responsible for attracting and supporting Foreign Direct Investment.
If your proposed business will have less than 10 jobs and €1m in sales but meets all the other criteria outlined above, you may qualify for assistance from a City or County Enterprise Board (regional government micro-enterprise support agencies).
If you meet qualifying criteria set out above and would like to consider starting your business in Ireland please contact us.
If you are currently based in Ireland, please contact your nearest Enterprise Ireland office.
Our initial discussions would be more fruitful if you first sent us your business plan or a completed copy of our Enquiry Form for overseas entrepreneurs. However, if you prefer, please feel free to talk to us before submitting these documents. Any documentation submitted to Enterprise Ireland is treated with the utmost confidence.